Happy first day of fall!! Although it does not look or feel like fall here in Central Texas, a girl can dream! Here’s a list of my favorite things.
- Pumpkin everything! Yes, I’m totally unoriginal with this, but I just can’t help myself. This is about the time I begin stocking up on pumpkin puree…bring on the Pinterest pumpkin recipes! [Pumpkin Everything!]
- Hoodie/Blanket/Cozy up on the couch kind of weather or layers in general. At the moment we are experiencing 90 degree weather, but I look forward to cool, crisp weather wherever it may be that I actually experience it!
- Seasonal Oreo cookies! As I write this, I have Halloween Oreo cookies sitting in our cabinet. I’m not allowed to open them until October though…the anticipation is killing me! Apparently there’s pumpkin spice, caramel apple, and candy corn Oreos too!
- Scary movies/shows. There’s just something about the fall season that makes me want to curl up on the couch and binge watch some scary shows like American Horror Story and The Walking Dead or some horror movie oldies like The Shining or all the Halloweens.
- Football season of course!
- Fall season premiers. This week I’m looking forward to the start of How To Get Away With Murder, Scandal, and I guess Grey’s.
- Fall running! Although it is currently still hot, the drop in temperature this season makes it PERFECT running weather!
- Thanksgiving!! My absolute favorite holiday and meal! Mmmmm turkey…stuffing…cranberry…AND now I’m hungry.
Well now that I’ve reflected on my favs, I’m going to go snuggle on the couch with a blanket and hot pumpkin beverage to celebrate the first day of fall! Oh, and pretend it’s somewhat cool outside. Night! Night!
What are some of your favorite things about fall?